Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Junior Brown Thinks Yer Dead...


"Jack you gotta really be careful about putting this kinda stuff out there, I mean folks will expect you to live it"
Junior Brown on viewing "Drinking Song For Lovers" CD.


OK, It's gotten to the point where if I don't feel like drinking and I go out in public, there are folks dissapointed in me, calling me a fraud even. I felt like I was doing something different for a while. Now it feels like a drunken trajectory of mayhem sending me into a tailspin of predictable "not as fun as they used to be" scenarios. I wanted to be a person enjoying the pitfalls of life with a martini in my hand. I have enjoyed that.

I have begun working on the new CD. The subject matters are far more varied then in past releases.

Maybe I will finally take Junior Brown's advise and put something else out there:
"Cuz yer wanted by the po-lice and my wife thinks yer dead."
Hmm was it just me, I always thought that was a song about a bender Junior...
He wrote the song using second person narrative though, hmmm that's one way...

No comments:

Post a Comment